TAKE YOUR MIND BACK
Satan understands as a man thinks so is he (Prov 23:7) therefore the Scripture says in the Book of Ephesians: “ take up the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”. (Ephesians 6:11). The word “wiles” in Greek is the word methodos, which is a compound Greek word. A compound word simply means that it consists of two separate Greek words, which make up one word. The two words are meta and odos. The word meta means “with” and the word odosmeans “a road”. When you combine these two words you have the word methodos, “meaning with a road”.
Thus, the scripture can read as follows: “take up the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the road that the devil takes you on”. Secondly, we know this road leads to your mind because of 2 Corinthians 2:11 “for we are not ignorant of Satan’s devices”. The word “devices” is the Greek word noemata, which comes from the root word nous, which means “mind or intellect”. Thus, when we put the two scriptures mentioned together the sentence reads as follows: “Take up the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the road that the devil takes to your mind.”
In other words, Satan takes the road of the mind to infiltrate the believers life. He understands that once a believers mind is turned towards ungodly thoughts , he can take them captive to do his will ( 2 Cor 10 ).
How do you RESPOND?a
You must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Scripture declares:
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled” (2 Cor 10:4-5)
In other words…
– I am not good enough – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I am not pretty enough – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I am not successful enough – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I will never have enough money – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– How will I pay month-end bills – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– God doesn’t love me; I mess up too often – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I will never do great things for God because of all my failures – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I don’t want to go to Life Group meetings, it is not comfortable – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I don’t feel like someone can really love me – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I am not as HOLY as that Christian – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
– I don’t pray so much as others; they are better than me – TAKE IT CAPTIVE!
When it comes to having a free and whole mind you will have to become ferocious with what you allow yourself to entertain. You are not the enemy’s puppet. You are a child of God. Your mind belongs to Him as you have received the mind of Christ. You must think like a Citizen of the Kingdom. We must remember the Word of God is the foundation of your life. Therefore, take the first steps today and get back in the Word of God. Let it wash you, renew you, transform you and refresh you. IT IS TIME TO BE FREE. Remember lastly; AS A MAN THINKS SO IS HE.